Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 17, 2012



Well this week was great. The main success was the baptism of the Alvarado family. They were old and so their feet kept coming up out of the water so we had to do the hermano twice and the hermana 4 times. But it felt great and I’m glad I got to be a part of that baptism. We have finally found a new apartment. It is two good sized rooms with a bathroom and a sink out back. It is so nice and clean but we can’t move in until May. We did find out that the person that is kind of the co-landlord is an inactive member and that her family is all non-members. So we will try and work on that, and the new landlord called us and told us in English (because that is his first language) that he is a bishop in Canada and that he really would love it if the missionaries lived there. And the new house is in this nice gated community so it is going to be way nice and quiet. So we just have to live in our house for another couple weeks. We did find a new little friend on our back patio last night. This morning we bought it a cozy little rat trap. And this morning there was no water which actually happens a lot here. So we can either do bucket showers or just stand each other. It does say in the handbook to shower daily IF POSSIBLE.
Anyways we have been pretty busy with the baptism this past week so this week we are going to try and get some baptismal dates and we are going to try and work hard to find more investigators. We are all having a great time here and we are seeing success. I think we might be going to the temple next week but on Tuesday so that will be our Pday. So just in case it isn’t, still write me on Sunday and you just might not hear from me until a day later than usual. But we are excited to go because some of these elders haven’t been in like 6 or more months. I went 3 and a half weeks ago. Which by the way I can't believe it has almost been 3 weeks in the field, and almost 3 months since I left on my mission. The time is already starting to just fly by so fast and I can’t believe it is pday again!
Dad, I’m glad your knee surgery was a success and I’m glad it is better. Mom says I need to challenge you to a race when I get back. I think I would love to take a nice week long break but if I did that here I would have no idea what to do with myself. I do think I felt an earthquake just a small one like last week sometime in the morning. It just felt like they had like a steam roller outside but I thought I would ask about any earthquakes. So yeah last week in the morning sometime, I don’t remember the day exactly. Southern Mexico is would be like 3 or 4 hours away on a freeway (which they don’t have so it takes about 20 hours) so we aren’t too far away. Mom I fixed my comp some mac and cheese last night and that’s really about all I have ever cooked. I was going to ask you and grandma to send me some recipes and maybe I would be able to find the ingredients. I don’t have an oven just a little plug in stove and a microwave. So keep that in mind when you are thinking of recipes to send me.
In church we just go with the flow. We go to sacrament and then to gospel principles and then to elders quorum. Principles of the gospel is just for our investigators so we have about 8 people in the class and usually the ward mission leader teaches it but they got a new one yesterday so we had to teach. And yes we had our baptisms Saturday. We have about a good handful of investigators that are progressing but we are still trying to get new ones. It is hard because everyone thinks they are too busy to have us for 10 or 20 minutes. But we are working on it. And on our way to appointments we try to contact and we might have and hour or two set aside just for contacting. We have been able to walk across all our area, but there is one area across a river that w are not sure is ours or not. Me and my comp like to talk or sometimes we go visit the zone leaders they are our really good friends and we will probably be with them today until we have to go out and work again. Sounds like everything is great at home. I love hearing about what is going on so you can always send me dear elders and mail. The address I gave you all last week is the best one. And give out my email to friends and family they can email me and I can print it off and write back a letter. Thanks for all you guys do and it really makes my day to get mail and dear elders! Love you all
-Elder Kilts

 

No comments:

Post a Comment